Updated on Nov 1, 2016
Commercial Brokers Association will respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website, DMCA Information) and other applicable intellectual property laws. A response may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity.
File a notice
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by fax or regular mail) that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether certain material of yours is protected by copyright laws, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format:
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed. For example, “The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on www.cbassn.org/______”
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you (an email address is preferred).
- Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit us to notify the owner or administrator of the web page that allegedly contains infringing material (an email address is preferred).
- Include the following statement: “I have a good-faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the paper.
Send the written communication to:
Commercial Brokers Association
Attn: Tricia Thomas, DMCA Notice
7021 Koll Center Parkway
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Fax: (925) 730-0237